BALI – IJEN CRATER – TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – MOUNT BROMO – TRANSFER TO SURABAYA (4D3N)
GLANCE OF THE TOUR:
East Java is a special province in Indonesia that has some amazing places that you must visit during your holidays in Indonesia, such as the volcanoes, waterfalls, cultures, and many more. At this point, we recommend to start from Bali and end up in Surabaya City. This is the best route and less tiring than other routes. You can check on the itinerary below for the detail.
THE DESTINATION POINTS ON A GOOGLE MAPS:
THE ITINERARY OF THE TRIP:
DAY 1: BALI – HOMESTAY OR HOTEL IN BANYUWANGI TOWN
On day 1 of the tour, we will start at about 10 am from your hotel in Bali. To reach Banyuwangi town, we have to drive to Gilimanuk Harbor where it connect to Ketapang Harbor (Java Side) which is only accessible by Ferry. The driving hour from your hotel in Bali to the Gilimanuk Harbor depends on your place in Bali. Here is below the completed information about that:
The distance measurements from Bali area to Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor:
- PEMUTERAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 30 MINUTES
- LOVINA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 1H30M
- MUNDUK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 2 HOURS
- UBUD – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOURS
- SANUR – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4-5 HOURS
- KUTA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOUR
- JIMBARAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4-5 HOURS
- ULUWATU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 5 HOURS
- SEMINYAK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOURS
- CANGGU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 3-4 HOURS
Upon your arrival in Gilimanuk harbor, you will be meeting with our guide and ready to take you to Ketapang ferry harbor. You need about an hour to sail. In Ketapang ferry harbor, our driver is ready to take you to your hotel/homestay in Banyuwangi town. The distance from Harbor to the town is less than 20 minutes.
DAY 2: IJEN BLUEFIRE TOUR – HOMESTAY IN TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL/HOTEL IN LUMAJANG TOWN
On day 2 of the tour, we will ready for midnight trip Mount Ijen. We will start about 00:30 am from your hotel/homestay then drive about an hour (more less) until we reach Paltuding (it’s the start point of the trekking, and also there is some shop to buy some food, rent jacket, rent flashlight or toilet too). The reason why we will trek to Mount Ijen in midnight because we would like to show you the natural phenomenon of Blue Fire/Blue Lava that only able to see in the darkness. And it’s also only 2 in the world, Mount Ijen and Dallol Volcano in Ethiopia. But in Mount Ijen is the easiest way and always come out every night.
To reach the Blue Fire point, we have to walk about 2 hours from the start point. The trekking path is moderate, in some part is quite sandy and rocky. Upon your arrival in Blue Fire, you will see how amazing the blue color comes out from the center of the volcano but we are not allowed to stay too long here, because there is also the dangerous gas that comes with the Blue Fire too.
After enjoying the view of Blue Fire, we will climb up back to the peak of Mount Ijen and ready to wait for the light of the sunrise and capture the best view of Mount Ijen from the top.
About 5:30 am, the sun rises from the east that will give light to the crater rim of Mount Ijen. It’s a very picturesque landscape here. At 7 am, we will go back to our car and ready back to Banyuwangi Town for having breakfast or take shower before continuing our journey to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall or Lumajang.
About 10:30, we will be ready driving to reach the Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area for staying overnight. It takes about 6-7 hours.
NOTE: if you want to drive less than 6 hours, we can stay in Lumajang town.
DAY 3: TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – HOMESTAY/HOTEL IN MOUNT BROMO AREA
On the third day of the trip, we will explore the best waterfall in Java Island. If you stay in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area, we can start at 7 am, because it’s just 10 minutes away till we reach the panorama point of the waterfall, but if you stay in Lumajang Town, we must start at 5 am in the morning because we must drive about 1H30M.
Upon your arrival in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, you will be amazed by the view of this waterfall from Panorama’s point. You can see 180 degrees, sometimes there is a fog/mist around the waterfall. It makes the view more magical and mystical.
After enjoying the view from the top of the viewpoint, we will go down to the bottom of the waterfall, but it takes more than 3 hours up and down.
We must really be careful because the way to go down is quite slippery and rocky, we must pass the rocky path where the water also dripping down. And just a rope and bamboo fence. So we recommend wearing special shoes or slipper and water-resistant bags for your personal belonging.
Upon your arriving at the bottom of the waterfall, you will notice that the waterfall even bigger from a closer view. For taking a photo, you need to be careful because some rocks are mossy and slippery.
After enjoying the waterfalls, we have to drive for about 4-5 hours until we reach our hotel in Mount Bromo area.
THERE IS ANOTHER DESTINATION NEARBY SUCH AS GOA TETES (DRIPPING CAVE), KAPAS BIRU WATERFALL. BUT THE COST IS APPLIED ON THE SPOT, YOU CAN PAY TO OUR GUIDE.
DAY 4: MOUNT BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – TRANSFER TO SURABAYA
On the last day of the trip, we will start at 3 am from our hotel here, and we will take a jeep to reach King Kong Hill where we will be waiting for the sunrise. Kingkong Hill is one of the best sunrise viewpoints which is fewer people than other viewpoints.
The jeep will take about 45 minutes, and walk less than 7 minutes. The sun will rise at about 5:30 am, so we have time to wait a bit in the shops near the hill. You can buy some snacks, coffee, teas or some souvenir too.
At 5:30, the sun will rise from the east and gives the light to the Mount Bromo and surrounding that makes the landscape is more special.
After enjoying the sunrise here, we will go back to our jeep and drive to the sea of sand where we can take a photo with our jeep and see the view around. Then we will drive a bit till the parking place where we will be trekking to the top of Mount Bromo.
The trekking to the crater rim takes about 45 minutes away by foot, if you want to ride a horse, you can pay 10 USD for return. Upon your arrival at the Crater rim, you will be amazed at the hole of fire that spews smoke every time and sometimes comes with a loud sound.
After enjoying the volcanic activity on the top of Mount Bromo, we have to go back to the jeep then back to the hotel for breakfast, take shower, packing and loading your bags into our car afterward we will continue our trip to the Surabaya area (Hotel, Airport or Train Station). The trip will take about 3-4 hours. We are also able to drop you in Malang Town if you want.
If your condition is still good after Bromo sunrise tour & the weather is good enough, you will have a chance to visit Madakaripura Waterfall during the way from your hotel in Mt. Bromo area to Surabaya.
Please check the picture of Madakaripura waterfall in the Internet
DETAIL OF THE TRIP:
- LOCATION: EAST JAVA (MOUNT BROMO, TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL & IJEN CRATER)
- ADVENTURE TYPES:
- TREKKING & HIKING
- LOCAL CULTURE UNDERSTANDING
- PROGRAM DURATION: 4 DAYS
- AGE REQUIREMENT: AGE REQUIREMENT VARIES
- COST IN USD & IDR: CONTACT US FOR COST DETAILS
- ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: PRIVATE STAYING
Price is in IDR and includes:
- Pick up service from Bali and transfer out to Surabaya/Malang
- 1 Night stay in Banyuwangi Town/Ijen Crater area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall or Lumajang town area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- Private Land transportation with driver and fuel during the trip
- Private English speaking guide for 4 days
- Private jeep for Mount Bromo tour
- Cost for parking during the trip and mineral water during the trip
- Cost for Tumpak Sewu waterfall
- Cost for Ijen Tour and Gas Mask in Ijen Crater
- Cost for ferry from Bali to Java
- Travel insurance
- Entrance tickets in Mt Bromo
- Entrance tickets in Ijen Crater
- Gratuity for guide or driver (recommended)
- Meals during the trip
IJEN CRATER BLUE FIRE TOUR
SURABAYA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR
IJEN BROMO TOUR FROM BALI
SURABAYA IJEN BROMO SURABAYA TOUR
YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (BY TRAIN)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – BALI (2D1N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – IJEN CRATER – BALI (3D2N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – KALIBARU HIGHLAND – SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – BALI (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – KALIBARU HIGHLAND – SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – IJEN CRATER – BALI (5D4N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO BALI TOUR (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA BOROBUDUR BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (5D4N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN TOUR (6D5N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO BALI TOUR (6D5N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (7D6N)
YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (BY PLANE)
SEMERU VOLCANO TREKKING
- BALI BROMO BALI
- BALI BROMO IJEN CRATER BALI
- BALI BROMO SURABAYA
- BALI IJEN BROMO SURABAYA
- BALI IJEN BROMO YOGYAKARTA TOUR
- BALI TOUR
- BANYUWANGI TOUR PACKAGE
- BEST ATTRACTION IN JAVA
- BEYOND JAVA
- BROMO IJEN RINJANI TREKKING PACKAGE
- BROMO IJEN TOUR PACKAGE
- BROMO IJEN TRANSPORT SERVICE
- BROMO IJEN TUMPAK SEWU TOUR
- BROMO MIDNIGHT TOUR
- BROMO MIDNIGHT TOUR FROM SURABAYA
- EAST JAVA TRIP FROM SURABAYA
- From Bali
- From Surabaya
- IJEN BLUEFIRE TOUR FROM SURABAYA
- IJEN BROMO TOUR PACKAGE FROM BALI
- JAVA ADVENTURE TRAIL
- JAVA PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR
- KAWAH IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR FROM BALI
- KOMODO TOUR
- LOMBOK ISLAND TOUR PACKAGE
- MOUNT BROMO CAMPING TOUR
- MOUNT IJEN BLUEFLAME TOUR
- MOUNT RAUNG HIKING
- MOUNT RINJANI TREKKING TOUR (LOMBOK ISLAND)
- POPULAR DESTINATION IN JAVA
- SUMATRA ORANG HUTAN AND ELEPHANT TOUR
- SUMBA ISLAND TOUR PACKAGE
- SURABAYA BROMO BALI
- SURABAYA BROMO IJEN BANYUWANGI
- SURABAYA BROMO IJEN SURABAYA
- SURABAYA BROMO SURABAYA
- TRAVEL BLOG
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR
- YOGYAKARTA TOUR PACKAGE