GLANCE OF THE TRIP:
This trip is one of our best road trips in East Java, it’s highly recommended for beautiful nature seekers. You just need 5 days to explore it, and you can go back to Bali from Surabaya, or drive back by car and also you can continue your holiday to Yogyakarta via Surabaya too. So, it’s very convenient and easy to go.
DAY 1: BALI – HOTEL IN IJEN CRATER AREA
The first day of the trip, you will be required to leave your hotel in Bali at 9 am, we will drive to Gilimanuk Harbor on the tip of Bali. The length of the driving depends on your hotel location. You can check on the information below;
- UBUD, SANUR, KUTA, LEGIAN, DENPASAR TO GILIMANUK FERRY PORT (± 4-5 HOURS)
- PEMUTERAN (± 30 MINUTES)
- LOVINA TO GILIMANUK FERRY PORT (± 2 HOURS)
Upon your arrival in the Harbor, you will be met with our English speaking guide, then he will escort you to cross the Bali Strait by ferry, it will take about an hour. When you arrived at the Ketapang Ferry Port on the East Java side, you will be welcomed with our Javanese driver. Then, we will escort you to your hotel/homestay that we have booked for you.
HOTEL CHOICES: GRAND HARVEST, ARABICA HOMESTAY (DELUXE ROOM)
HOMESTAY OPTION: ARABICA HOMESTAY(STANDARD ROOM)
DAY 2: IJEN BLUEFIRE TOUR – HOTEL IN LUMAJANG AREA
On the second day of the trip, we will be started at 1 am from your hotel/homestay and drive about 30 minutes to the start point of Ijen Crater. We will do the preparation of trekking to the top of Ijen Crater and go down to the Blue Fire Point. It will take about 2 hours until you reach the Blue Fire point.
Blue Fire is one of the most famous natural phenomenon in East Java that you can only find in Ethiopia and here. So it will be special if you can see it because the Blue Fire will be gone when the sun rises. So, you must make sure you will be there on time.
After enjoying that natural phenomenon, we will escort you to go up the Sunrise Point where you can see the beautiful view of Ijen Crater, you will see the biggest turquoise sulfuric lake from this point.
At about 7 am, you will be invited to go back to the start point where we parked our car, it will take about an hour’s walk. Upon your arrival in the parking area, we will go back to our Hotel/Homestay for having breakfast, taking a shower and packing up your luggage. About 10:00, we will continue our trip to Lumajang Town, where we will be staying overnight before doing Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Trip in the next morning.
The length of the journey from the Ijen Crater area to Lumajang Town is about a 4-5 hours drive. So, you must be ready to take a nap/rest in the car.
HOTEL CHOICE: GAJAH MADA HOTEL
DAY 3: TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – HOTEL/HOMESTAY IN BROMO AREA
The third day of the trip, we will start the trip about 5 am in the morning because the best time to visit the waterfall is at 7 am when the sun just rise up and the view of surrounding is still clear.
We will drive about 1,5 – 2 hours away from Lumajang town, the way to reach this waterfall is quite zig-zag so please prepare your own comfort.
When you reach that area, you will be amazed by the view of this waterfall. Not also Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, you can also see Kapas Biru Waterfall. Both waterfalls are very famous for Instagram needs. But you must be careful due to the slippery path and traditional bamboo fence. After enjoying the view here, we will continue our trip to our hotel in Bromo area, it will take 5-6 hours’ drive. So, please prepare your comfort in the car.
DAY 4: BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – BROMO SUNSET TOUR – HOTEL IN BROMO
On the fourth day of the tour, we will do morning tours by 3:30 am for Watching the sunrise in King Kong Hill, we will ride a land rover 1960-90, these kinds of jeeps are the iconic jeeps here, so make sure you take a photo with the jeeps. The rode from the hotel to King Kong Hill takes about 40 minutes. Upon your arrival, you must look for a great spot to watch sunrise because when the sun is getting ready for rising up, the other visitors will come and grab your spot.
Around 5:20 AM, you will see the sunrise with Mount Bromo, Mount Batok and Mount Semeru as a background, it will be great to enjoy the sunrise in Mount Bromo area with a cup of coffee. After you have finished enjoying the view and captured incredible landscape here. We will invite you to go back to the Jeep. Then, the jeep will continue our adventure to reach the sea of sands in Mt. Bromo area. We will stop at the parking area then you will cross the sea of sands by riding a horse or on foot (it is optional) until you reach stairs up at the slope of Mt. Bromo where it will lead you to reach the peak of Mt. Bromo. About 8:30 AM, the jeep will bring you back to the hotel for taking shower and breakfast then you can take a nap for a couple of hours before we do a sunset photo session in Mount Bromo area.
HOTEL CHOICES: LAVA VIEW LODGE, SM BROMO, BROMO PERMAI
HOMESTAY CHOICES: GUBUG HOMESTAY, OTIX GUEST HOUSE
DAY 5: MADAKARIPURA WATERFALL – TRANSFER BACK TO BALI OR SURABAYA
The last day of the trip is quite relax, we will check out from the hotel at about 9 am, then we will drive about an hour to reach the parking place of Madakaripura Waterfall. Upon your arrival in the parking place, you are required to change into the wet clothes and slippers, because we will pass the small waterfall before getting to a big waterfall.
The trek will take about 15-20 minutes here, and good path before entering the waterfall. There will be a local guide that will accompany you in this waterfall.
After enjoying the waterfall here, we will drive for about 3 hours to reach Surabaya area.
NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO GO BACK TO BALI AGAIN, WE RECOMMEND YOU TO TAKE A PLANE FROM SURABAYA TO BALI, BECAUSE DRIVING FROM BROMO TO BALI AREA (SUCH AS KUTA, UBUD, CANGGU, SEMINYAK WILL TAKE ABOUT 10-11 HOURS BUT IF YOU WILL BE STAYING IN PEMUTERAN AREA IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 7-8 HOURS ONLY)
Price is in IDR and includes:
- Pick up service from Bali and transfer out to Surabaya/ Bali
- 2 Night stay in Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Lumajang Town area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Ijen Crater area with a breakfast
- Land transportation with driver and fuel during the trip
- Private English speaking guide
- The jeep for Mount Bromo tour
- Cost for parking during the trip and mineral water during the trip
- Cost for Tumpak Sewu waterfall and Madakaripura Waterfall
- Cost for ferry from Bali to Java
- Cost for Ijen Bluefire Tour and Gas Mask in Ijen Crater
- Travel insurance
- Entrance tickets in Mt Bromo
- Entrance tickets in Ijen Crater
- Bar, laundry, phone calls, and the internet
- Cost for lunch & Dinner during the trip
- Tipping & other personal costs
IJEN CRATER BLUE FIRE TOUR
SURABAYA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR
IJEN BROMO TOUR FROM BALI
SURABAYA IJEN BROMO SURABAYA TOUR
YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (BY TRAIN)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – BALI (2D1N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – IJEN CRATER – BALI (3D2N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – KALIBARU HIGHLAND – SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – BALI (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – KALIBARU HIGHLAND – SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – IJEN CRATER – BALI (5D4N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO BALI TOUR (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA BOROBUDUR BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (5D4N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN TOUR (6D5N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO BALI TOUR (6D5N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (7D6N)
YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (BY PLANE)
SEMERU VOLCANO TREKKING
- BALI BROMO BALI
- BALI BROMO IJEN CRATER BALI
- BALI BROMO SURABAYA
- BALI IJEN BROMO SURABAYA
- BALI IJEN BROMO YOGYAKARTA TOUR
- BALI TOUR
- BANYUWANGI TOUR PACKAGE
- BEST ATTRACTION IN JAVA
- BEYOND JAVA
- BROMO IJEN RINJANI TREKKING PACKAGE
- BROMO IJEN TOUR PACKAGE
- BROMO IJEN TRANSPORT SERVICE
- BROMO IJEN TUMPAK SEWU TOUR
- BROMO MIDNIGHT TOUR
- BROMO MIDNIGHT TOUR FROM SURABAYA
- EAST JAVA TRIP FROM SURABAYA
- From Bali
- From Surabaya
- IJEN BLUEFIRE TOUR FROM SURABAYA
- IJEN BROMO TOUR PACKAGE FROM BALI
- JAVA ADVENTURE TRAIL
- JAVA PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR
- KAWAH IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR FROM BALI
- KOMODO TOUR
- LOMBOK ISLAND TOUR PACKAGE
- MOUNT BROMO CAMPING TOUR
- MOUNT IJEN BLUEFLAME TOUR
- MOUNT RAUNG HIKING
- MOUNT RINJANI TREKKING TOUR (LOMBOK ISLAND)
- POPULAR DESTINATION IN JAVA
- SUMATRA ORANG HUTAN AND ELEPHANT TOUR
- SUMBA ISLAND TOUR PACKAGE
- SURABAYA BROMO BALI
- SURABAYA BROMO IJEN BANYUWANGI
- SURABAYA BROMO IJEN SURABAYA
- SURABAYA BROMO SURABAYA
- TRAVEL BLOG
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR
- YOGYAKARTA TOUR PACKAGE