DAY 1: KUALA NAMU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – MEDAN / 1 HR DRIVE
Arrive at the Kuala Namu International Airport with flight… at…
We will fetch you and transfer to hotel Garuda Plaza (superior) or Grand Antares (superior) or similar for overnight stay.
DAY 2 MEDAN – BUKIT LAWANG / 2,5 – 3 HOURS DRIVE
After Breakfast, around 08.00 am, you will be escorted for exploring Medan such as Maimoon Place, Grand Mosque, and Chinese temple. Then you will continue your journey to Bukit Lawang. As long our journey to Bukit Lawang you can see oil palms and cacao plantations with some countryside landscape. Arrive in Bukit Lawang and check in to hotel then overnight in Bukit Lawang Cottage or Similar hotel
DAY 3 BUKIT LAWANG – VISIT ORANGUTANS CENTRE / JUNGLE TREKKING
Early Morning after taking breakfast, you will accompanied by your driver to Bukit Lawang area. Upon arrival in Bukit Lawang, you will visit the feeding platform for having a look the Orangutan while being fed and prepared for release back into their natural habitat.
The excursion starts with a short walk along the river bank and crossing the river with rubber boat or traditional canoe, Continuing the hike amidst the thick and hilly bushes until you reach at the platforms where regularly, twice a day at 8.am and 3.pm. After that you continue with a 3 hours jungle trekking. Steep, slopes and dense vegetation will bring you to the excitement of the Sumatra rainforest. Here you have the opportunity to see several species of indigenous flora and fauna. The visitors must be fit and have sport and trekking shoes. Afterward, we will take you to your tent for staying overnight there.
– Those that bring camera/video in the Orangutan site will be charged additional US$ 6.00 for camera and US$ 18.00 for video
– Mostly people can meet the Orangutans at the feeding platform. But it is not 100% guarantee that you can see the Orangutans at the feeding platform. Sometimes the Orangutans do not want to go down to feeding platform cause of fruits season in the jungle. In this case they like more stay deep in the jungle than go down to the feeding platform. So this is a natural reason and we can’t do anything with this case.
DAY 4 : JUNGLE TREKKING – TUBING – BUKIT LAWANG
After breakfast prepared by you local guide, you continue your trekking to explore the primary tropical rain forest with their wild life living in their natural habitat. In the afternoon you will arrive at Aras Pinang from where you back to your hotel by tube through the Bohorok River. The captain (the man in charge to steer the tubes) already prepares all the necessary equipments such as big inner tubes combined into one. Although the current is not very strong but life jackets and helmets are available for safety. Floating on rubber tubes is very convenient. The clean river flows through Bukit Lawang offering scenic view of the jungle and village. It takes around 40 – 50 minutes until you reach Bukit Lawang. Afterward we will take you to your hotel in Bukit Lawang area for staying overnight.
DAY 5 : BUKIT LAWANG – KUALA NAMU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT / 3 – 3, 5 HOURS’ DRIVE
After taking breakfast, you will drive back to Medan for catch your flight to the next destination. End of your Elephants and Orangutans tour with us. TOUR SERVICE’S FINISHED
PRICE IS INCLUDED
- Hotels as mentioned above (based on middle class 3stars) + breakfast
- Deluxe AC transport as mentioned in the program + fuel & driver
- English/Spanish/Dutch/Italian/German/French speaking guide
- Entrance & parking fees as mentioned in the program
- Permit to visit the feeding platform in Bukit Lawang
- 2 days jungle trekking included: professional local guide, meals (1 b’fast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner), camping equipment, and tubing on day 3 & 4
- Flight tickets and airport tax
- Personal expenses: meals, drinks, donations, laundry, souvenirs, etc.
- Tips = US$ 3.00 / person / day depends on client’s satisfaction
- Travel insurance
Any optional program