Yogyakarta Borobudur Bromo Ijen Tour
GLANCE OF THE TOUR:
Java island host many beautiful landscapes, interesting UNESCO heritage site, stunning volcanoes, some surfing spot, snorkeling spot and many more. On this tour, we will start our journey from Yogyakarta. Yogyakarta is located in the central of Java Island. In Yogyakarta, you can visit the real Javanese Culture which you can see from the local people here and also the places that you will visit. Prambanan Temple, Sultan Palace, Malioboro Street, Kali Adem in Mount Merapi and also the neighborhood of Borobudur temple located in Magelang Town, it’s 2 hours an away from Yogyakarta.
After Yogyakarta, we will invite you to try the executive class of our train from Yogyakarta to Surabaya (5 hours ride). From the window, you can see the rice fields, local villages, and also small towns after Yogyakarta. Surabaya is the capital of East Java, East java host 3 best places to visit during the trip, Mount Bromo, Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, and Ijen Crater.
So here is the itinerary for 6 days 5 nights that you can use as your reference;
DAY 1: YOGYAKARTA – TRANSFER TO BOROBUDUR TEMPLE AREA (STAYING OVERNIGHT)
On the first day of the trip, we can start from Yogyakarta Airport or Train Station there (please let us know the detail of your arrival time). If you are already arriving before, we can start from your hotel in Yogyakarta at 10 am, then we can go to Borobudur Temple about 2 hours away.
(note: if you can start at 10 am from Yogyakarta, we can do a short city tour by visiting Sultan Palace and also Tamansari Water Castle)
DAY 2: BOROBUDUR SUNRISE TOUR – JEEP RIDE IN MOUNT MERAPI AREA – PRAMBANAN TEMPLE – STAY IN YOGYAKARTA AREA
The second day of the trip will be started at 4 am from your stay in the Borobudur Temple area, and we will go to the Manohara Hotel where we can buy the ticket for watching the sunrise on the top of Borobudur Temple. The trip starts at 4:30, we will walk about 15 minutes to go up to the top of Borobudur Temple. The sun will rise about 5:30 am, so you have to time to get your best place to capture the sunrise or even walking to around the temple.
We highly recommend staying here until 7 am, after the sunrise. Because after 9/10 am, it will be super crowded by visitors who will do the day time visit on this temple. After enjoying the stunning temple of Borobudur. We will go back to Manohara temple where we can get a free buffet of breakfast and also souvenir (small scarf with Borobudur Temple for the print).
At about 9 am, we will prepare for our next destination, which is Mount Merapi area. We will go to Kali Adem village where we can start to do Jeep Tour to explore the village after the biggest eruption of Mount Merapi in 2010. So you can see how dangerous this volcano.
We will drive about an hour from Borobudur Temple to Kali Adem village where we can start the Jeep ride here. The jeep ride will take about 2 hours more/less.
About 1 pm after enjoying the jeep ride, we will have local lunch before we continue to our destination that is Prambanan Temple.
Prambanan Temple is one of the biggest Hindu temples in the world and it’s also UNESCO Heritage that you must see when you are in Java Island. We will drive about 35 minutes from Kali Adem Village.
You will be needing more than 2 hours to explore this temple because this temple is quite huge with the ruins that are very interested to learn about. You will get a local guide here that will explain well about this temple.
After enjoying the temple, we will go to our hotel/homestay where we will stay overnight in Yogyakarta before transferring to Surabaya by Train tomorrow morning
DAY 3: THE TRAIN EXPERIENCE FROM YOGYAKARTA TO SURABAYA AREA – TRANSFER TO MOUNT BROMO AREA
On the third day of the trip, we will take morning Train that will be started from Yogyakarta at 6:45 am – it will be arriving in Surabaya Gubeng Train station at 11:37 am. So it’s just 4 hours and 52 minutes. At this point, you will experience our executive class of the Indonesian train. From the window, you can see rice farms, small towns, and also the local villages that passed by this train.
Upon your arrival in Surabaya Gubeng Train Station, you will be welcomed by our guide who is bringing a paper under your name and he will be ready to escort you to Mount Bromo area. Surabaya to Mount Bromo area is about 3-4 hours’ drive.
Upon your arrival in Mount Bromo area, you will be requested to sleep early because we will start at 3 am in the morning for the sunrise tour in Mount Bromo.
DAY 4: BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – TRANSFER TO TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL AREA
The fourth day of the trip, we will start about 3 am in the morning for the Sunrise Trip in Mount Bromo and we will ride a jeep to King Kong Hill (sunrise point), it will take about 45 minutes’ drive. Upon your arrival in King Kong Hill, you will be invited to drink hot coffee or tea while waiting for the sunrise, because the sun will rise about 5:30 am, so you will have enough time to enjoy your coffee here.
About 5 am, our guide will take you to the sunrise point where you can see the view of Mount Bromo, Mount Batok, Mount Semeru and also the village where you were staying in one frame of your camera.
After enjoying the view from Sunrise Point, we will go back to our jeep and go down to the sea of sand for taking some photos with our jeep before we do trekking to the peak of Mount Bromo, the trekking will take about 45 minutes. It’s quite easy trekking but quite dusty and sandy.
When you are on the top of Mount Bromo, you will be amazed at this active volcano that lets us be closer even it’s completely dangerous actually. Mount Bromo could erupt anytime as they want.
After enjoying the top of Mount Bromo, we will go back to our jeep and go back to our hotel/homestay for having breakfast and shower before continuing to our destination, that is Tumpak Sewu Waterfall or Lumajang Town area to stay overnight before taking a morning trekking to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall. It will take about 4 hours and 30 minutes to reach the Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area.
DAY 5: TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL TOUR – TRANSFER TO BANYUWANGI AREA
On the fifth day of the trip, we will be starting from our homestay near the waterfall and it’s just 10 minutes walk until we reach the panorama point where we can see the whole side of the waterfall. We will start at about 7 am after having breakfast. Because at this time, it will be fewer people and the view will be more amazing than midday.
After enjoying the panorama view, we will go down to the waterfall where it will take about 45 minutes down. We will pass the small ladder, wet stairs, and small waterfall too. When we get almost the bottom point you will be walking in the cliff area where it looks like a giant canyon with a riverbank and dense of the forest.
Normally it takes 3-4 hours to do this waterfall tour until we get back to the homestay again.
About midday, we must be ready to leave the area and drive about 5-6 hours to reach Banyuwangi town where we will be staying overnight before take a Midnight Tour in Ijen Crater.
DAY 6: IJEN CRATER TOUR – TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL IN BALI
On the last day of the trip, we will be starting midnight from our hotel and drive about an hour to reach Paltuding where we can start our midnight trekking here.
The reason why we hike at midnight because if we hike at midnight time we can see the natural phenomenon of Blue Fire/Blue Flame where it can be seen only in the darkness and it’s only 2 in the world, Ijen Crater and Dallol Volcano, Ethiopia.
The trekking is about 2 hours, the trekking is quite easy but steeper than Mount Bromo. And also to reach the Blue Fire point is only one path and it’s quite slippery and rocky and also we have to wait and go when people/Sulfur MIners from the bottom want to go up.
But the natural phenomenon of Blue Fire depends on nature too, when it’s raining we will be not allowed to go down to the mining point where the blue fire comes up. When the smoke is too much around the crater, we cannot also see the blue fire clearly.
After enjoying the Blue Fire, we will go up to the sunrise point, where we can see the best view of the lake and also the color of the sunrise here. It takes about an hour hike.
When you have done enjoying the view in Mount Ijen, we will go back to our hotel for having breakfast, take a shower and drive to Ferry port. From here, you will take a ferry for about an hour and upon your arrival in Gilimanuk harbor (Bali Side). Our Balinese driver will be ready to escort you to your hotel in Bali area. Here is the distance measurement.
- GILIMANUK FERRY PORT TO UBUD, KUTA, SANUR, JIMBARAN, DENPASAR AREA (±5 HOURS’ DRIVE)
- LOVINA (±2 HOURS’ DRIVE) AND PEMUTERAN (30 MINUTES DRIVE)
- Pick up service from Yogyakarta and transfer out to Bali
- 1 Night stay in Borobudur temple area with breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Yogyakarta area with breakfast
- Cost for the train ticket from Yogyakarta to Surabaya Gubeng train station
- Cost for Local Guide in Borobudur Temple and Prambanan Temple
- Cost for the entrance fee in Borobudur Temple, Prambanan Temple, and Sultan Palace
- Cost for the jeep ride in Mount Merapi and Mount Bromo
- 1 Night stay in Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Ijen Crater area with a breakfast
- Private English speaking guide for Mount Bromo, Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Ijen Crater
- Cost for Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Bromo sunrise tour, and Ijen Bluefire Tour
- Gas Mask in Ijen Crater
- Mineral water during the trip
- Cost for ferry from Java to Bali island
- Parking, toll, highway, and fuel during the trip
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Horse riding in Mount Bromo
- Entrance ticket for Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen
- Meals during the trip and personal expenses
INFORMATION OF THE TRIP:
- Departure Point: Yogyakarta
- Duration: 6 Days
- Return Destination: Bali
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- warm clothes for Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen because the temperature approximately is about +10 to +13 degrees during the sunrise time and it will be colder when it’s windy (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- a raincoat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- a personal ID card (or copy)
- Tripod and more battery
- Casual clothes for temples and city tour in Yogyakarta
- Wet shoes for the waterfall
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is on your own responsibility.
- This is a private tour/activity. So, it will be just you and your group on this trip
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
For further information about tour and booking, please feel free to contact us or click onto the booking form below:
- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +6287755920876/+6281336066643
Yogyakarta Borobudur Bromo Ijen Tour
IJEN CRATER BLUE FIRE TOUR
SURABAYA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR
IJEN BROMO TOUR FROM BALI
SURABAYA IJEN BROMO SURABAYA TOUR
YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (BY TRAIN)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – BALI (2D1N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – IJEN CRATER – BALI (3D2N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – KALIBARU HIGHLAND – SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – BALI (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA (By Train) – BROMO – KALIBARU HIGHLAND – SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – IJEN CRATER – BALI (5D4N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO BALI TOUR (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA BOROBUDUR BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (4D3N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (5D4N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN TOUR (6D5N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO BALI TOUR (6D5N)
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (7D6N)
YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR (BY PLANE)
SEMERU VOLCANO TREKKING
- BALI BROMO BALI
- BALI BROMO IJEN CRATER BALI
- BALI BROMO SURABAYA
- BALI IJEN BROMO SURABAYA
- BALI IJEN BROMO YOGYAKARTA TOUR
- BALI TOUR
- BANYUWANGI TOUR PACKAGE
- BEST ATTRACTION IN JAVA
- BEYOND JAVA
- BROMO IJEN RINJANI TREKKING PACKAGE
- BROMO IJEN TOUR PACKAGE
- BROMO IJEN TRANSPORT SERVICE
- BROMO IJEN TUMPAK SEWU TOUR
- BROMO MIDNIGHT TOUR
- BROMO MIDNIGHT TOUR FROM SURABAYA
- EAST JAVA TRIP FROM SURABAYA
- From Bali
- From Surabaya
- IJEN BLUEFIRE TOUR FROM SURABAYA
- IJEN BROMO TOUR PACKAGE FROM BALI
- JAVA ADVENTURE TRAIL
- JAVA PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR
- KAWAH IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR FROM BALI
- KOMODO TOUR
- LOMBOK ISLAND TOUR PACKAGE
- MOUNT BROMO CAMPING TOUR
- MOUNT IJEN BLUEFLAME TOUR
- MOUNT RAUNG HIKING
- MOUNT RINJANI TREKKING TOUR (LOMBOK ISLAND)
- POPULAR DESTINATION IN JAVA
- SUMATRA ORANG HUTAN AND ELEPHANT TOUR
- SUMBA ISLAND TOUR PACKAGE
- SURABAYA BROMO BALI
- SURABAYA BROMO IJEN BANYUWANGI
- SURABAYA BROMO IJEN SURABAYA
- SURABAYA BROMO SURABAYA
- TRAVEL BLOG
- YOGYAKARTA BROMO IJEN BALI TOUR
- YOGYAKARTA TOUR PACKAGE