DAY 1: KUALA NAMU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – TANGKAHAN
Arrive at the Kuala Namu International Airport. We will take you directly heading to Tangkahan, the Elephant lodge that takes around 5 hours to drive. Arriving in Tangkahan, you will cross the Batang River by local raft or by the new bridge to your lodge inn. You will stay in Bamboo Lodge or a similar hotel for staying overnight there
DAY 2: TANGKAHAN ELEPHANT TREKKING
After taking breakfast, you will visit the Elephant Camp where you can see the Elephant bathing. Not only have a look but also you can join to wash the Elephants. Afterward, you have a chance for trekking with Elephants for 1 hour to explore part of the Leuser National Park. The rest is your own program. You can walk along the bank of the Buluh River, having a look at a thousand beautiful butterflies on the riverside. Then, you will visit the waterfall where you can take shower in this waterfall as well.
– Elephant ride is not available on Friday
– Accommodations in Tangkahan are basic, built with simple materials to keep in harmony with nature. Electricity is run by its own generator and is not available after 22:00 pm. Room is equipped with mosquito net and has own bathroom which comes with shower with cold water (no hot water).
DAY 3 TANGKAHAN – BUKIT LAWANG (4 HRS DRIVE)
Early Morning after taking breakfast, you will be accompanied by your driver to the Bukit Lawang area. Upon arrival in Bukit Lawang, you will visit the feeding platform for having a look at the Orangutan while being fed and prepared for release back into its natural habitat.
The excursion starts with a short walk along the river bank and crossing the river with a rubber boat or traditional canoe, Continuing the hike amidst the thick and hilly bushes until you reach the platforms where you regularly, twice a day at 8 am and 3 pm. After that, you continue with 3 hours of jungle trekking. Steep, slopes and dense vegetation will bring you to the excitement of the Sumatra rainforest. Here you have the opportunity to see several species of indigenous flora and fauna. The visitors must be fit and have sports and trekking shoes. Afterward, we will take you to your hotel, Ecolodge Bukit Lawang, or a similar hotel for staying overnight there.
– Those that bring a camera/video to the Orangutan site will be charged an additional US$ 6.00 for the camera and US$ 18.00 for the video
– Most people can meet the Orangutans at the feeding platform. But it is not 100% guaranteed that you can see the Orangutans at the feeding platform. Sometimes the Orangutans do not want to go down to the feeding platform cause of fruit season in the jungle. In this case, they like more stay deep in the jungle more than go down to the feeding platform. So this is a natural reason and we can’t do anything with this case.
DAY 4 BUKIT LAWANG – KUALA NAMU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (3 – 3, 5 HRS DRIVE)
After taking breakfast, you will drive back to Medan to catch your flight to the next destination. End of your Elephants and Orangutans tour with us. TOUR SERVICE’S FINISHED
PRICE IS IN INCLUDED
- Hotels as mentioned above (based on middle-class 3stars) + breakfast
- Deluxe AC transport as mentioned in the program + fuel & driver
- English speaking guide
- Entrance & parking fees as mentioned in the program
- An hour of Elephant trekking in Tangkahan
- Permit to visit the feeding platform in Bukit Lawang
- Professional local guide during 3 hours of jungle trekking in Bukit Lawang
- Flight tickets and airport tax
- Personal expenses: Meals, drinks, donations, laundry, souvenirs, etc.
- Tips = US$ 5.00 / person/day depending on the client’s satisfaction
- Travel Insurance
- Any optional program