Mount Raung is an active volcano located in the eastern part of Java island. It’s located in Banyuwangi Town. The exact location is in Kalibaru Sub-District which is well-known also as the border between 2 towns in East Java; Banyuwangi and Jember
Mount Raung has 3,344 m above sea level, it’s typical of the Stratovolcano. The last eruption happened in 2015. But it did not make a serious problem for the local people who are staying nearby.
HOW TO REACH MOUNT AGUNG:
There are 3 best options that you can use to reach Mount Raung;
- Train from Surabaya to Kalibaru, there is some schedule that you can take to reach Kalibaru. But the best option is starting at 9 am from Surabaya;
MUTIARA TIMUR SIANG
- Take a flight from Surabaya/ Jakarta to Banyuwangi. There is some local flight that you can check on flight booking sites. Upon your arrival at Banyuwangi Airport, we will drive about an hour to reach Kalibaru village.
- Book the private transport from Surabaya to Kalibaru Village, it will take about 8-9 hours’ drive.
DAY 1: SURABAYA – KALIBARU VILLAGE
- SURABAYA AIRPORT/HOTEL
- DRIVE TO KALIBARU VILLAGE (8-9 HOURS’ DRIVE)
DAY 2: FIRST DAY OF TREKKING
- TAKE OJEK (MOTORBIKE TAXI) TO BASECAMP RAUNG
- START TREKKING TO CAMP II, ~5-6 HOURS
- SET CAMPSITE, REST
DAY 3: SECOND DAY OF TREKKING
- TREKKING FROM CAMP II UNTIL CAMP VI, ~5-6 HOURS
- BRIEFING AND TRAINING ON BASIC MOUNTAINEERING (GOOD IF YOU KNOW SOME BASICS BEFOREHAND)
- SET CAMPSITE, REST
DAY 4: THIRD DAY OF TREKKING
- SUMMIT ATTACK, EARLY MORNING 04.00 AM
- CAMP VI-> CAMP IX, PUNCAK BENDERA, SET UP HARNESS & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- RAPPELING TO GO TO PUNCAK TUSUK GIGI (FALSE RIM PEAK)
- RAUNG SEJATI SUMMIT (TRUE PEAK)
- DESCENT BACK TO CAMP VI
- OVERNIGHT AT CAMPSITE
DAY 5: FOURTH DAY OF TREKKING
- CAMP VI BACK TO BASECAMP RAUNG
- BACK TO SURABAYA
DAY 6: TRANSFER TO AIRPORT AND FREE LEISURE
- TRANSFER TO AIRPORT
TOUR IS FINISHED
THE PRICE DETAILS:
OUR TREKKING OR HIKING TRIP IS ONLY PRIVATE AND WE DON’T SELL GROUP TOURS FOR THIS TRIP, PLEASE SEND US QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRICE WHEN YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TREKKING PACKAGE. DEPARTURE CAN BE DECIDED ANYTIME.
- All transportation from Surabaya Juanda airport to Basecamp of Mount Raung. (Return)
- Meals during the trekking. (B, L, D)
- Tents and group climbing equipment.
- Equipment climb (seat harness, webbing, kernmantle, ascending, the figure of eight, prussic, carabiner, and helmet).
- All climbing and trekking permits.
- Guide(s) and porter(s) team.
- Standard first aid kit tools (Plaster Hypafix, Betadine, Hydrocortisone Ointment, Bioplacenton gel, Paracetamol 500g, loperamide, Domperidone, Antacid, Dexamethasone, Spuit 3cc, Oxycan, Pocari sweat sachets)
- Sleeping Bag
- Personal clothing and equipment (Jackets, Shoes, etc.)
- Personal travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance, and medical / security evacuation insurance
- Hotel in Surabaya
- Any rescue costs or costs of early departure from the expedition
- Costs for delays that are beyond the control of the expedition
- Flight return
- The items that are not mentioned in the inclusion
- Personal expenses.
THE MUST-BRING FOR ALL THE PARTICIPANTS:
- Warm jacket
- Sleeping bags
- Personal snacks
- Trousers, Shirts, and a change of clothes
- Daypack 40L
- Headgear + wind stopper
- Gloves and socks
- Survival kit
- Headlamp min 60 lumens + battery
- Trekking shoes + slippers
- Personalized medicine
- Travel documentation (passport, id card, etc.)
- Certificate of Medical Health Hospitals / Doctors