Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Tour 5D4N, Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Waterfall
- DAY 1: SURABAYA – JODIPAN COLORFUL VILLAGE – HOTEL IN MALANG/HOMESTAY IN TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL AREA
- DAY 2: HOTEL IN MALANG/HOMESTAY IN TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL AREA – TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – HOTEL IN BROMO AREA
- DAY 3: SUNRISE IN ROGOWULAN HILL BROMO – BROMO SUNSET TOUR – FREE LEISURE
- DAY 4: MORNING TREKKING TO MADAKARIPURA WATERFALL – TRANSFER TO IJEN AREA (BANYUWANGI TOWN)
- DAY 5: IJEN CRATER TOUR – TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL IN BALI
GLANCE OF THE TOUR:
East Java is the place for adventure and thrill-seekers. It has 6 volcanoes, more than a hundred beautiful waterfalls, the only tea plantation that still exists, and the only colorful town in Indonesia. But we define the best 2 volcanoes and 2 waterfalls to visit.
DETAIL OF ITINERARY:
DAY 1: SURABAYA – TEA PLANTATION IN MALANG – JODIPAN COLORFUL VILLAGE – HOTEL IN MALANG
The trip will start from Surabaya area, if you already stayed in the hotel we will pick you up at 8 am in the morning. If you can start in the morning, we have enough time to explore Coffee Plantation in Malang and also Jodipan Colorful Village. If you arrive in Surabaya by train or plane, we will follow your time schedule.
NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO VISIT THE TEA PLANTATION, YOU MUST LEAVE/ARRIVE FROM SURABAYA BEFORE MIDDAY.
From Surabaya to Malang will take about 2-3 hours, we will visit Tea Plantation located in Lawang area (just 30 minutes from the center of Malang city). It’s the only Tea Plantation that still existed since 1875 in East Java. It’s about 1.144 hectares and is located 950-1200 m above sea level. The weather is also quite chill because it’s under the slope of Mount Arjuna.
After enjoying the tea plantation, we will explore the uniqueness of Jodipan Village. Jodipan village is the only colorful village that painted by some artists since June 2016. It’s more than 107 houses under the bridge and near the river. It’s so impressive to see from far or closer.
Note: For the first night of your trip, you can choose between staying in Malang Area (town) or near Tumpak Sewu Waterfall (village). Here are the pros and cons:
+ If you stay in Malang, you can explore or walk around at night to see the local people in the town.
– But on the third day, you should check out at 5/6 a.m. and drive to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall for 2 hours
+ If you stay at Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, you will just need 5 minutes to reach the waterfall.
– It will quiet place at night, there is no restaurant or minimart, but you can eat at the local homestay there.
Please let us know which one you prefer, so we can book the accommodation for you.
DAY 2: HOTEL IN MALANG/HOMESTAY IN TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL AREA – TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – HOTEL IN BROMO AREA
On the second day of the trip, we will be starting at 5 a.m. It will take about 2 hours to reach the most famous waterfall in East Java, which is Tumpak Sewu Waterfall. But the way to go down to the waterfall is so rocky and slippery. The tour here will take around 3 hours from enjoying the landscape and trekking activity, the most important is following our guide’s guidance, because this waterfall is quite dangerous in some points.
*If you stay near the Tumpak Sewu waterfall area, you dont need to wake early and drive for 2 hours.
After enjoying the waterfalls, we have to drive for about 4-5 hours until we reach our hotel in the Mount Bromo area.
Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Tour 5D4N
DAY 3: SUNRISE IN ROGOWULAN BROMO – BROMO SUNSET TOUR – FREE LEISURE
The third day of the trip will start at 2:30 am, we will drive about 40 minutes to King Kong Hill, and from here, we will take a motorbike to reach Rogowulan Hill. Rogowulan Hill is the newest sunrise point that only a few people know, most of them are landscapers or travel photographers. Because it has a unique angle for them.
After enjoying the sunrise here, we will go back to King Kong Hill to capture another angle before heading to the Crater rim of Mount Bromo.
The trekking to Crater rim takes about 45 minutes away by foot, if you want to ride a horse, you can pay 10 USD for return. Upon your arrival at the Crater rim, you will be amazed at the hole of fire that spews smoke every time and sometimes comes with a loud sound.
About 9 am, we will go back to our hotel for having breakfast, we will give you free leisure until 4 pm. At 4 pm, we will invite you to do a soft walk to Metigen Hill to try seeing a sunset in Mount Bromo, the sunset here is so rare and no happened every day because it mostly is foggy at the sunset time.
DAY 4: MORNING TREKKING TO MADAKARIPURA WATERFALL – TRANSFER TO BANYUWANGI TOWN AREA
The fourth day of the trekking is so relaxing, we do need to wake in the early morning. We will start to check out at 8 am then we continue to visit Madakaripura Waterfall. It will take about an hour until we reach the parking lot. From here, we will take a motorbike taxi for about 5 minutes with a local guide then walk about 15 minutes until we reach the beautiful waterfall.
Enjoy the waterfall here before heading to Banyuwangi town area for about 5-6 hours drives’.
DAY 5: IJEN CRATER SUNRISE TOUR – TRANSFER TO BALI
On the last day of the trip, we will be starting at about 2:00 am in the morning, we will drive about an hour to reach Paltuding/start point of the volcano. Upon your arrival in Paltuding, we will be trekking for about 1,5 -2 hours, depending on your pace. When you reach the crater rim of Ijen Volcano, our guide will take you to the best spot to see the sunrise and also the best view of the crater itself.
Ijen Volcano has one of the biggest sulfuric lakes in Asia and the lake has a turquoise color with high acidity (0,5 Ph.). So it’s beautiful and also dangerous.
After enjoying the view here at about 7 am, we will go back to our car and drive back to the Hotel to have breakfast and get some rest. At 11:30 a.m., we will be ready to take you to the ferry port for taking a ferry. The ferry will take about an hour. Upon your arrival in Gilimanuk Harbor (Bali side), you will be meeting with our driver who is ready to escort you to your hotel in Bali.
If the weather is good enough and you have good conditions for trekking at night, you can take the Ijen Blue Fire Tour at Ijen Crater but you are required to leave the Hotel or Homestay around 1:00 AM or Midnight.
Note: There is no additional cost to take this blue fire tour but this trip depends on the Ijen Crater condition, when it’s not allowed to go down by the local volcanologists, we are only able to stay on the top of the crater.
DETAIL OF THE TRIP:
- LOCATION: EAST JAVA (MOUNT BROMO, TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL & IJEN CRATER)
- ADVENTURE TYPES:
- TREKKING & HIKING
- LOCAL CULTURE UNDERSTANDING
- PROGRAM DURATION: 5 DAYS
- AGE REQUIREMENT: AGE REQUIREMENT VARIES
- COST IN USD & IDR: CONTACT US FOR COST DETAILS
- ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: PRIVATE STAYING
Price is in IDR and includes:
- Pick up service from Surabaya and transfer out to Bali
- 1 Night stay in Malang Town/Tumpak sewu area with a breakfast
- 2 Nights stay in the Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Banyuwangi town area with a breakfast
- Private Land transportation with driver and fuel during the trip
- Private English-speaking guide for 5 days
- Private jeep for Mount Bromo tour
- Cost for parking during the trip and mineral water during the trip
- Cost for Tumpak Sewu waterfall, Madakaripura Waterfall, Jodipan Village
- Tea Plantation in Malang
- Entrance tickets in Mt Bromo
- Entrance tickets in Ijen Crater
- Cost for Ijen Tour and Gas Mask in Ijen Crater
- Cost for ferry from Java to Bali
- Travel Insurance
- Bar, laundry, phone calls, and the internet
- Cost for lunch and dinner during the trip
- Tipping/gratuity for driver & guide (recommended)
Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Tour 5D4N, Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Waterfall
For further information about the tour and booking, please feel free to contact us directly at our Email: Info@javaadventuretrail.com / WhatsApp number: +6287755920876, or please fill in the booking form below!