YOGYAKARTA – BOROBUDUR SUNRISE TOUR – PRAMBANAN TEMPLE – MOUNT BROMO – TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – MOUNT IJEN BLUE FIRE – TRANSFER TO BALI
(5 DAYS – 4 NIGHTS)
GLANCE OF THE TOUR:
Central Java and East Java are the two areas in Java Island that very highly recommended for any first timer travelers or any travelers who love historical things, nature, local food, and local people. We have everything here, we will invite you to visit the magnificent ancient Buddhist temple, that is Borobudur Temple that located in Magelang regency. Yogyakarta City includes Prambanan Temple as the oldest Hindu Temple in Indonesia, Sultan Palace (where the Sultan lives with their Family), and any interesting sights in Yogyakarta. Jump to East Java, we will let you experience our best class (executive class) of The Train from Yogyakarta to Surabaya, it will take about 5 hours. In East Java, we will escort you to Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen for the most active volcano that has beautiful landscapes. And the last place that we would like to show is Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, this is one of the prettiest waterfalls in Indonesia.
For the detail of the itinerary and what will you do during the day one until day five, you can read our itinerary below:
DAY 1: THE AIRPORT/ TRAIN STATION IN YOGYAKARTA AREA – YOGYAKARTA CITY TOUR – TRANSFER TO BOROBUDUR TEMPLE AREA
The first day of the trip, we will pick you up in Yogyakarta Adisupto Airport or Tugu Train Station, we highly recommend to be arrived before midday, so we will have time to visit some interesting sights in Yogyakarta ( such as Prambanan Temple).
We will drive about 2 hours less or more to go to Borobudur Temple, where we will be stay overnight before we do Borobudur Sunrise Trip.
DAY 2: BOROBUDUR SUNRISE TOUR – AFTERNOON TRAIN FROM YOGYAKARTA TO SURABAYA – TRANSFER TO MOUNT BROMO AREA
The second day of the trip, we will start the trip at 4 am from your hotel/homestay near Borobudur Temple, and we will head to Manohara Hotel where the entrance gate to visit Borobudur Temple before sunrise is there.
About 4:30 am, we will be walking about 10 minutes from the lobby and climb up the stairs of Borobudur Temple, make sure you have to best spot to capture the landscape of the surrounding. Borobudur Sunrise Trip is highly recommended for you who wants to get rid of the crowds. Normally the gate is open at 7 am, where normal visitors able to visit Borobudur Temple.
The sun will rise about 5:30 am, so you will have time to enjoy the sound of nature and village. The temperature is not so cold, it’s about 20° Celsius. We highly recommend to wear not too short for the dress because it’s kind of Holy temple where the Buddhists pray at the special month.
You will be accompanied by a local guide who will tell you all the story of Borobudur Temple. About 7 am, we will be going down and come back to Manohara Hotel for having a local breakfast and get a small gift.
At 8:30 am, we will go back to our accommodation for taking shower and a bit of rest before we go back to the center of Yogyakarta.
About 10 am, we will drive to Yogyakarta area, and visiting some places such as Sultan Palace, afterward we have to be at train station at 3 am, because our train is 4 am to Surabaya area. The train will take about 4H30M, so you will be arriving about 20:30 in Surabaya Gubeng Train Station where our East Java team will be picking you up there.
Upon your arrival in Surabaya area, we will drive about 3-4 hours to reach our accommodation in Mount Bromo area.
DAY 3: MOUNT BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – TRANSFER TO TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL
The third day of the trip, we will take you to King Kong Hill where you can enjoy the view of Mount Bromo and surrounding during the sunrise time. We will start the trip at 3:30 am, we will be using the local jeep here because the road is quite bumpy and steep. The ride will take about 40 minutes more and less.
Upon your arrival in King Kong Hill, you can have a hot coffee or tea where it can warm you up. The temperature here is about 10° Celsius and sometimes is colder when it’s windy. The sun rises at 5:30 am, so at 5 am you must be ready to find your best spot to capture the beauty of Mount Bromo at sunrise.
After enjoying the sunrise about 7 am, we will be back to our jeep and ride down to the hill where we will be start to hike the top of Mount Bromo. The hike will take about 45 minutes, it’s easy hike but it’s super dusty when it’s dry season.
During the walking up, you will see the 250 stairs that will lead you to the top of Mount Bromo, from the top you can see all around the crater of Mount Bromo.
About 8:30 am, we will go down and back to our accommodation to have a breakfast and shower before we continues our adventure to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area.
The journey from Mount Bromo to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall will take about 5 hours more and less. But the view along the way is amazing to see. And in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, there is only one homestay available, no big restaurant and everything still like a local village. But When you are here, you just walk 5 minutes to get the Panorama Point of Tumpak Sewu Waterfall.
DAY 4: TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – TRANSFER TO HOTEL / HOMESTAY IN BONDOWOSO TOWN (IJEN CRATER AREA)
The fourth day of the trip, we will start the trip at 7 am, where we can just walk about 5 minutes away from our homestay. In the morning is the best time to enjoy the view here, sometimes there is mist/fog around the waterfall that makes the view is more amazing and you can also see a bit the view of Mount Semeru which is the highest volcano in Java Island.
After enjoying the time at the panorama point, we will go down to the bottom point of Tumpak Sewu Waterfall which will be taking about an hour. We must be careful during the walk down because the path is super slippery. But upon your arrival at the bottom of the Waterfall, you will be amazed with the view from here. You can also can do bathing here at the special spot.
About 10:30 am, we will go back to our homestay and ready to continues our next adventure. We will drive about 5 hours to reach the accommodation near Ijen Crater that located in Sempol Village. The homestay is also very basic but it’s just 30 minutes away from the Ijen Crater.
NOTE: WE OFFER TWO LOCATIONS OF STAYING FOR IJEN CRATER AREA.
- BONDOWOSO TOWN: LESS DRIVING FROM TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL BUT ALSO LESS ACCOMMODATION WITH BASIC SERVICES.
- BANYUWANGI TOWN: LONGER DRIVE FROM TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL BUT YOU HAVE MORE CHOICES FOR HOTEL /HOMESTAY THERE.
DAY 5: MOUNT IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR – TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL IN BALI
The last day of the trip, we will be starting at 1 am from your homestay and you must bring also your luggage, because we will be directly go to Harbor after the trip Ijen. For breakfast, we will be arrange a buffet breakfast in Ketapang Indah Hotel before we take a ferry to Bali.
From the homestay, we will drive about 30 minutes to reach Paltuding where it’s the start point before we do trekking to the top of Mount Ijen and visit the blue fire point. The first trekking, we will trek about 2 hours to reach the Blue Fire Point which is easy enough until the top of Mount Ijen and then it will be slippery and rocky to go down to the Blue Fire Point. You must be really careful and always listen to our guide.
Upon your arrival in Blue Fire Point, you will be having an hour for maximum here, because it’s active volcano which is can be erupted anytime. After enjoying the natural phenomenon here, we will go up to the peak of Mount Ijen and enjoy the view of the biggest sulfuric lake in Indonesia.
About 7 am, we will go down to the Parking area and go down to Banyuwangi Town for taking a breakfast before taking a ferry to Bali.
At 10 am, we will take you to Ferry and you will be sailing about an hour to reach Bali Island ( GIlimanuk Harbor). Upon you arrival in Gilimanuk Harbor (Bali Side), you will be welcomed by our Balinese driver who is ready to escort you to your hotel in Bali.
THE TIMING OF HOW LONG YOU WILL BE ARRIVING IN YOUR HOTEL IN BALI AFTER THE TRIP, YOU CAN CHECK ON THE LIST BELOW;
Here are the distance measurements from Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor to Bali area;
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – PEMUTERAN: 30 MINUTES
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – LOVINA: 1H30M
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – MUNDUK: 2 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – UBUD: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SANUR: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – KUTA: 4-5 HOUR
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – JIMBARAN: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – ULUWATU: 5-6 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SEMINYAK: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – CANGGU: 4 HOURS
- Pick up service from Yogyakarta and transfer out to Bali
- 1 Night stay in Borobudur temple area with breakfast
- Cost for the train ticket from Yogyakarta to Surabaya
- Cost for Local Guide in Borobudur Temple and Prambanan Temple
- Cost for the entrance fee in Borobudur Temple, Prambanan Temple and Sultan Palace
- Private jeep for Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour
- 1 Night stay in Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Ijen Crater area with a breakfast (Bondowoso Town)
- Private English speaking guide for Mount Bromo, Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Ijen Crater
- Cost for Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Bromo sunrise tour, and Ijen Bluefire Tour
- Gas Mask in Ijen Crater
- Mineral water during the trip
- Cost for ferry from Java to Bali island
- Parking, toll, highway and fuel during the trip
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Horse riding in Mount Bromo
- Entrace ticket for Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen
- Meals during the trip and personal expenses
INFORMATION OF THE TRIP:
- Departure Point: Yogyakarta area
- Duration: 5 Days
- Return Destination: Bali area
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of a good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- a rain coat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- personal ID card (or copy)
- Tripod and more battery
- Power bank
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is on your own responsibility.
- This is a private tour/activity. So, it will be just you and your group in this trip
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
For further information about tour and booking, please feel free to contact us or click onto the booking form below: