YOGYAKARTA – BOROBUDUR TEMPLE TOUR – PRAMBANAN TEMPLE – MOUNT BROMO – TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – MOUNT IJEN BLUE FIRE – TRANSFER TO BALI (5 DAYS – 4 NIGHTS)
GLANCE OF THE TOUR:
Central Java and East Java are the two areas on Java Island that are highly recommended for any first-timer travelers or travelers who love historical things, nature, local food, and local people. We have everything here, we will invite you to visit the magnificent ancient Buddhist temple, that is Borobudur Temple located in Magelang Regency. Yogyakarta City includes Prambanan Temple the oldest Hindu Temple in Indonesia, Sultan Palace (where the Sultan lives with their Family), and any exciting sights in Yogyakarta. Jump to East Java, we will let you experience our best class (executive class) on The Train from Yogyakarta to Surabaya, it will take about 5 hours. In East Java, we will escort you to Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen the most active volcano that has beautiful landscapes. The last place that we would like to show is Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, which is one of the prettiest waterfalls in Indonesia.
For the details of the itinerary and what will you do from day one until day five, you can read our itinerary below:
DAY 1: THE AIRPORT/ TRAIN STATION IN YOGYAKARTA AREA – YOGYAKARTA CITY TOUR – TRANSFER TO THE BOROBUDUR TEMPLE AREA
On the first day of the trip, we will pick you up at Yogyakarta International Airport or Tugu Train Station, we highly recommend arriving before midday, so we can do a city tour on the first day.
We will drive about 2 hours or more to go to Borobudur Temple, where we will be staying overnight before we do the Borobudur Temple Trip the next day.
Optional activities around the Borobudur Temple area if you arrive before 4 pm: Biking around the village, riding a cart that brings you around the village or just walking around the area. You can let our local team know, so he can organize and let you know how much to pay.
Important News from Borobudur Temple & Sultan Palace:
- There will be no sunrise tour anymore on the top of the temple and no one is allowed to visit the top of the temple as well. From now on, we can only see the BOROBUDUR TEMPLE at the bottom of the temple, and for sunrise, we will go to Setumbu Hill.
- Good news: There is a trial to climb up to the top floor but with special shoes and you must follow the queue to get the tickets (we will handle the ticket) and join the session provided by the Borobudur Temple.
DAY 2: SETUMBU HILL SUNSRISE TOUR – BOROBUDUR TEMPLE TOUR – AFTERNOON TRAIN FROM YOGYAKARTA TO SURABAYA – TRANSFER TO MOUNT BROMO AREA
The second day of the trip will start at 4:30 a.m. from your stay in the Borobudur Temple area, and we will go to Setumbu Hill to watch the sunrise. Setumbu Hill is a viewpoint situated to the northwest of Borobudur, and it offers a stunning panoramic view of the temple, mountains, and its surroundings. This hill is very famous for some photographers because you can see the top of Borobudur temple at sunrise (if the weather allows).
Upon your arrival around 5:00 AM, our local team will help you navigate the best viewpoints on Setumbu Hill, Setumbu Hill is not a difficult hike, the trek takes about 10 minutes from the parking place, and you should reach the viewpoint just before sunrise.
Once you’ve reached the viewpoint on Setumbu Hill, you can enjoy the breathtaking sunrise view of Borobudur Temple and the surrounding landscape. The misty morning atmosphere adds to the mystique of the experience. This is a fantastic spot for photography, so be sure to bring your camera or smartphone to capture the incredible scenery.
After enjoying the sunrise and taking in the beauty of the temple, you can return to Borobudur. You can explore the temple in detail, learning about its history and significance.
Borobudur Temple is the largest Buddhist temple in the world, and it’s a UNESCO World Heritage site. Take your time to explore its intricate stone carvings and reliefs, which depict Buddhist teachings and stories. Additionally, be respectful of the site and its spiritual significance while visiting. This tour provides a unique opportunity to appreciate the architectural and natural beauty of Borobudur and the surrounding area.
Don’t forget to immerse yourself in the local culture, interact with the people, and taste local Javanese food and snacks in the area.
- Note: For now, we are only allowed to stay on the top of the Borobudur Temple for an hour, because they limit access to the top of the temple to avoid mass tourism and destruction of the temple itself. We will use special shoes that are prepared from the temple and you must follow the queue to get the tickets (we will handle the tickets) and join the session per hour provided by the Borobudur Temple Management. And Monday, Borobudur is open only for the ground floor, so please avoid visiting on Monday.
At 10 am, we will go back to our accommodation to take a shower and a bit of rest before we continue our trip. At 11:00 am, we will drive to the Yogyakarta area because we have to be at the train station at 13:00 the train leaves at 13:38 and arrives at 17:35 at the Surabaya Gubeng Train Station where our East Java team will be picking you up. Then, we will drive about 3-4 hours to reach our accommodation in the Mount Bromo area.
DAY 3: MOUNT BROMO SUNRISE TOUR – TRANSFER TO TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL
On the third day of the trip, we will take you to King Kong Hill where you can enjoy the view of Mount Bromo and surround it during sunrise time. We will start the trip at 3:30 am, we will be using the local jeep here because the road is quite bumpy and steep. The ride will take about 40 minutes more or less.
Upon your arrival in King Kong Hill, you can have a hot coffee or tea which can warm you up. The temperature here is about 10° Celsius and sometimes is colder when it’s windy. The sun rises at 5:30 am, so at 5 am, you must be ready to find your best spot to capture the beauty of Mount Bromo at sunrise.
After enjoying the sunrise at about 7 am, we will be back to our jeep and ride down to the hill where we will start to hike the top of Mount Bromo. The hike will take about 45 minutes, it’s easy to hike but it’s super dusty when it’s the dry season.
During the walking up, you will see the 250 stairs that will lead you to the top of Mount Bromo, from the top you can see all around the crater of Mount Bromo.
At about 8:30 am, we will go down and back to our accommodation to have breakfast and shower before we continue our adventure to the Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area.
The journey from Mount Bromo to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall will take about 5 hours more and less. But the view along the way is amazing to see. And in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, there is only one homestay available, no big restaurant, and everything is still like a local village. But When you are here, you just walk 5 minutes to get to the Panorama Point of Tumpak Sewu Waterfall.
DAY 4: TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL – TRANSFER TO ACCOMMODATION IN BANYUWANGI TOWN (IJEN CRATER AREA)
On the fourth day of the trip, we will start the journey at 7 am, when we can just walk about 5 minutes away from our homestay. The morning is the best time to enjoy the view here, sometimes there is mist/fog around the waterfall which makes the view more amazing and you can also see a bit of the view of Mount Semeru which is the highest volcano on Java Island.
After enjoying the time at the panorama point, we will go down to the bottom point of Tumpak Sewu Waterfall which will take about an hour. We must be careful during the walk down because the path is super slippery. But upon your arrival at the bottom of the Waterfall, you will be amazed at the view from here. You can also do bathing here at the special spot.
At about 10:30 am, we will go back to our homestay and be ready to continue our next adventure. We will drive about 6 hours to reach the accommodation near Ijen Crater located in Banyuwangi Town.
DAY 5: MOUNT IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR – TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL IN BALI
On the last day of the trip, we will be starting at 00:30 am from your hotel/homestay and you must bring also your luggage because we will be directly going to Harbor after the trip Ijen and for breakfast, we will arrange a buffet breakfast in Ketapang Indah Hotel before we take a ferry to Bali. (This only happens if you are staying in Bondowoso town).
If you stay in Banyuwangi town, you dont need to bring your luggage with you, because we will go back again to your accommodation for breakfast and a shower.
From Banyuwangi town, we will drive about 1h30m only, Paltuding is the starting point before we trek to the top of Mount Ijen and visit the Blue Fire point. For the first trekking, we will trek about 2 hours to reach the Blue Fire Point which is easy enough until the top of Mount Ijen, and then it will be slippery and rocky to go down to the Blue Fire Point. You must be really careful and always listen to our guide.
Upon your arrival in Blue Fire Point, you will have an hour maximum here, because it’s an active volcano that can erupt anytime. After enjoying the natural phenomenon here, we will go up to the peak of Mount Ijen and enjoy the view of the biggest sulfuric lake in Indonesia.
At about 7 am, we will go down to the Parking area and go down to Banyuwangi Town for taking breakfast before taking a ferry to Bali.
At 10 am, we will take you to Ferry and you will be sailing for about an hour to reach Bali Island ( GIlimanuk Harbor). Upon your arrival in Gilimanuk Harbor (Bali Side), you will be welcomed by our Balinese driver who is ready to escort you to your hotel in Bali.
OPTIONAL TOUR FOR IJEN CRATER:
If you dont want to wake up super early to do the blue fire ijen tour, we can start at 5 am from your accommodation and do morning hiking in Ijen Crater. That is also accommodated by us if you choose morning to Ijen Crater
THE TIMING OF HOW LONG YOU WILL BE ARRIVING AT YOUR HOTEL IN BALI AFTER THE TRIP, PLEASE CHECK ON THE LIST BELOW;
Here are the distance measurements from Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor to the Bali area;
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – PEMUTERAN: 30 MINUTES
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – LOVINA: 1H30M
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – MUNDUK: 2 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – UBUD: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SANUR: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – KUTA: 4-5 HOUR
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – JIMBARAN: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – ULUWATU: 5-6 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SEMINYAK: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – CANGGU: 4 HOURS
- Pick up service from Yogyakarta and transfer out to Bali
- 1 Night stay in the Borobudur temple area with breakfast
- Cost for the train ticket from Yogyakarta to Surabaya
- Cost for Local Guide in Borobudur Temple and Prambanan Temple
- Cost for the entrance fee in Borobudur Temple, Prambanan Temple, and Sultan Palace
- Private jeep for Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour
- 1 Night stay in Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Ijen Crater area with a breakfast (Bondowoso/ Banyuwangi Town)
- Private English-speaking guide for Mount Bromo, Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Ijen Crater
- Cost for Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Bromo sunrise tour, and Ijen Bluefire Tour
- Entrance tickets for Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen
- Gas Mask in Ijen Crater
- Mineral water during the trip
- Cost for ferry from Java to Bali island
- Parking, toll, highway, and fuel during the trip
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Horse riding in Mount Bromo
- Meals during the trip and personal expenses
INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP:
- Departure Point: Yogyakarta area
- Duration: 5 Days
- Return Destination: Bali area
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- a raincoat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- personal ID card (or copy)
- Tripod and more battery
- Power bank
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is your own responsibility.
- This is a private tour/activity. So, it will be just you and your group on this trip
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (7 months pregnancy)
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
For further information about tours and booking, please feel free to contact us or click on the booking form below: