East Java Tour from Surabaya is very recommended tour that you should book if you want to visit the must-see destinations of East Java.
It starts from Surabaya and it ends in Bali, which includes visits to Mount Bromo, Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Ijen Crater (with its blue fire phenomenon) and Sukamade Turtle Beach. The tour typically ends at the Ketapang Port for a ferry crossing to Bali, after that our Bali driver will arrange transportation to your hotel in Bali (which is already included on the package)
DRAFT OF THE ITINERARY:
- DAY 1: SURABAYA AREA – ACCOMMODATION IN MOUNT BROMO AREA
- DAY 2: MOUNT BROMO SUNRISE TOUR & HIKE – ACCOMMODATION IN TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL AREA
- DAY 3: TUMPAK SEWU WATERFALL TOUR – ACCOMMODATION IN BANYUWANGI (IJEN CRATER)
- DAY 4: IJEN BLUE FIRE & CRATER TOUR – ACCOMMODATION IN SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH AREA
- DAY 5: SUKAMADE TURTLE BEACH – TRANSFER TO KETAPANG FERRY PORT – GILIMANUK FERRY PORT – TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL IN BALI
Here’s the detailed itinerary:
Day 1: Surabaya to Accommodation in Mount Bromo area
- Pick-Up: From Surabaya airport/train station/hotel, our team will pick you up based on your arrival time if you arrive via airport/ train station (we recommend to arrive before 1 pm) and if you already at the hotel in Surabaya, we can pick you up at 10 am then we transfer to your accommodation in Mount Bromo area. It takes about 3-4 hours drive.
- Optional Activity: You can add Madakaripura Waterfall on your booking if you can start at 9 am from Surabaya, the additional will be 350.000 IDR / person
- Activities: Free time upon arrival at your accommodation in Mount Bromo area.
Day 2: Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour and Hike – Accommodation in Tumpak Sewu area (Pronojiwo Village)
- Activity: We will start the sunrise tour at 3 am from your accommodation with our vintage jeep which is the typical jeep in this area and drive about 45 minutes – an hour depending on how busy the street during your visit. We will go to Kingkong Hill which is the best viewpoint in the area. The sunrise is at 5:30 am but we need to be there at least 4:30 am to make sure we get the best spot to capture the special moment.
- Activity after sunrise: We will go back to our local jeep and drive down to sea of sand which is basically the old caldera of Tengger Volcano. You can stop for taking photo with the jeep and surrounding then we will start trekking to the peak of Mount Bromo which takes 45-50 minutes in total.
- After breakfast and check-out, drive to accommodation in Pronojiwo, Lumajang (it’s about 4-5 hours drive)
- Late Afternoon: Arrive and check-in at accommodation in Tumpak Sewu, with free time.
Day 3: Tumpak Sewu Waterfall – Accommodation Banyuwangi area (Ijen Crater)
- Morning: Visit Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, including a walk to the parking area and climb down to the waterfall base. The best is we start at 5:30 am which is less people and you will hear more the sound of mother nature such as birds and etc. The total amount of time that you need to explore this waterfall is 3 hours. You will also see the dropping cave which is Goa Tetes but make sure you always pay attention of the path, because it’s super slippery.
- Travel: After returning to the accommodation, have a breakfast , clean up and checking out, then we will drive to accommodation in Banyuwangi. It will take about 6 hours drive but you can stop anytime you want for short break.
Day 4: Ijen Blue Fire Tour – Sukamade Turtle Beach
- Midnight Start: Depart for the main climbing post of Ijen Crater, the pick up will be at 00:30 am and drive about 1h20m then trekking about 2 hours till the bottom of the Ijen Crater where you can see the blue fire. It’s pretty dangerous activity, so make sure always listen to the guide and don’t push your limit too hard, if you think you can’t handle it, better to be safe.
- Ijen Tour: Witness the blue fire until 4:30 am then trekking back up to the summit and enjoy the sunrise and the landscapes at Ijen Crater. After that go back to our car down to the parking point.
- Travel: Post-tour, return to accommodation, then drive to Sukamade Beach Guesthouse, it will take about 4 hours.
- Activity: Visit Green Bay for a trekking tour, before we reach the accommodation, we can do short trekking into this hidden bay, which is green bay that has beautiful white sand and you can swim and enjoy the sun here.
- Accommodation in Sukamade turtle beach area: The accommodation here is pretty basic, it’s just a normal bed with a hand shower (small bucket), and without fans, or AC but it’s comfy enough for your adventure here.
- Evening: Adventure activities at Sukamade Turtle Beach, including turtle spotting. The tour will start at 8 pm, you will be briefed in a group with the local ranger then walk about 300 meter to the beach.
Day 5: Sukamade Turtle Beach – Ferry Port – Your hotel in Bali
- Morning: Release baby turtles at Sukamade beach, this activity will start around 6 am or 7 am, we will walk to the beach where you went last night and you will have some baby turtles in the bucket that you can release with hope they can survive in the ocean. After that, we will check out and ready to drive to Banyuwangi Town.
- Afternoon: Post-tour, drive to Ketapang Ferry Port for departure to Bali. Upon your arrival in Ketapang Ferry Port, you will take a ferry to Java, and it takes about 1h30m. Then, in Bali Side, our Bali driver will meet you and take you to the last destination which your own booked place.
Tour is Finished.
PRICE IS IN IDR & INCLUDES:
- Pick up service from Surabaya and transfer out to your hotel in Bali area
- 1N stay at accommodation in the Mount Bromo area with breakfast
- 1N stay at accommodation in the Tumpak Sewu Waterfall area with breakfast
- 1N stay at accommodation in the Ijen Crater area (Banyuwangi Town) with breakfast
- 1N stay at accommodation in Sukamade turtle beach area with breakfast, and dinner
- Sukamade Turtle Beach Tour
- Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, & Goa Tetes
- Private Transportation (driver, air-conditioned vehicle, fuel surcharge, parking)
- 4WD vehicle (jeep) for Mt Bromo & Sukamade Turtle Beach
- Mineral water and Private English speaking guide for 5 days trip
- Cost for Blue-fire ijen tour and gas mask
- Cost for entrance fee in Bromo, Sukamade Beach , and Ijen Crater
- Ferry ticket from Java to Bali
- Travel Insurance
- Madakaripura Waterfall visit
- Bar, laundry, phone calls, the internet, gratuities & other personal costs
- Cost for lunch & dinner during the trip
For further information about the tour, please feel free to contact us directly via our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / WhatsApp number: +6287755920876 or please fill in the booking form below!