Mount Bromo is one of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia with a beautiful view. It’s can be reached from 3 towns. Probolinggo, Pasuruan or Malang. Probolinggo is the closest town to Mount Bromo. Most travelers visit Mount Bromo from Surabaya Airport because Surabaya Airport is one of the closest airports to Mount Bromo. From Surabaya, we will drive around 2-3 hours to Probolinggo, and Probolinggo to Mount Bromo area is about an hour.
Where to Stay:
The best village to stay in is Cemoro Lawang village, this village is the last village before the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. Anyway, Mount Bromo is inside the national park and was developed by this park. So, in Cemoro Lawang village there are some good hotels such as Lava View Lodge, Café Lava, Bromo Permai, Cemara Indah. And there is some good homestay / Guest house around Cemara Lawang that is developed by the locals here, for example, Bromo Otix Guesthouse.
How much is the entrance fee in Mount Bromo:
The entrance fee for Mount Bromo is divided into 2 types based on the days.
1. Weekdays are IDR 230.000 /person
2. Weekend is IDR 330.000 /person
Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park has 50,237 hectares of the area. Including Mount Bromo. Most of the tourists come to Mount Bromo is to see sunrise. And there are some spots where you can go.
1. Penanjakan Sunrise Point is one of the most famous sunrise point in this area, most of the tourists go to this point for the sunrise. The area is not so big and most of the time is crowded here because the tourist can access thi place from 2 town Probolinggo (Cemoro Lawang Village) and Pasuruan (Tosari). Most of them ride the jeep to get to this place.
2. Kingkong Hill, the second famous hill to see sunrise here, just 100 m below Penanjakan Hill. Jeep is best transportation to get here.
3. Seruni Sunrise Point, this is the lowest sunrise point in this area but the view still the same like the others. And you don’t need to ride jeep to go here. You can just walk from Cemoro Lawang about an hour. The road is step, so you must be ready to do that. If you are not fit enough, you can take a motorbike taxi around the village, they can take you up near the sunrise point and you can walk a bit.
After watching the sunrise from Seruni Point, you must go down into the crater of Mount Bromo and trek there. But the problem is you must take a motorbike again instead of a jeep because there is no way to go there for a walk.
So, that is a short explanation for all travelers who are heading to Mount Bromo and don’t want to spend so much money on the jeep here.
My suggestion: If you are coming with 4/5 people, you can share the price for the jeep with 5 people. Because the price for the sunrise tour is only 500,000 IDR (jeep only). It’s so much cheaper than taking a motorbike taxi.
Contact us for more information about the price and detail of the tours that you are interested in:
- Whatsapp/call: +6287755920876
- Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org