How To Go To Mount Bromo From Bali – Bali is where a God resides. Bali is a soulful Island in Indonesia. In this place is very rich with charm cultures, past heritages and beauty of nature tourisms. Bali is the famous place. Most of people from another country more knowing where Bali than Indonesia is. Bali is a beautiful island to stay spend some week or even just couple of days.
You can take direct flights from around the world or other cities of Indonesia, there are more than 100 flights per day that head to Ngurah Rai Airport, and stay in some best hotels around Airport, Denpasar, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Uluwatu, Nusa Dua, Ubud, Sanur or Canggu. There are a lot of hotels that will amaze you with its beauty and uniqueness. You can choose Hotel with terrace rice field view or Ocean View, it’s all depends on your budget of your stay.
Some of tourist are keens on trekking to the up of volcano or more into mountain things, in Bali there is only Mount Batur that is an active volcano that is allowed to be visited by the tourists. For sure, some of them will go check what is the best volcano to visit near Bali. And most of searches will go to Mount Bromo.
Mount Bromo is one of the must-visit volcanoes in Indonesia that has the best view during the sunrise time and it’s highly recommended to visit when you are in Bali.
WHERE IS MOUNT BROMO?
Mount Bromo is located in between 4 towns, Malang, Probolinggo, Pasuruan and Lumajang. But the best way is from Probolinggo town. From Bali area, we need 4 hours’ drive heading to Gilimanuk Harbour (it’s the most western part of Bali where people can go to Java Island, the distance and how long will you be driven to this harbor depends on where you stay in Bali)
Here are the distance measurements from Bali area to Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor;
- PEMUTERAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 30 MINUTES
- LOVINA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 1H30M
- MUNDUK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 2 HOURS
- UBUD – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOURS
- SANUR – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4-5 HOURS
- KUTA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOUR
- JIMBARAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4-5 HOURS
- ULUWATU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 5 HOURS
- SEMINYAK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOURS
- CANGGU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 3-4 HOURS
Upon your arriving in Gilimanuk Harbor, you take a ferry from Gilimanuk to Ketapang Harbour (Banyuwangi city). The ferry needs 45-60 minutes to go. So, you can enjoy the Mountains and ocean view from the Ferry.
THERE IS NEW FLIGHT ROUTE FROM BALI TO BANYUWANGI TOWN AND IT’S ONLY 45 MINUTES, IF YOU STAY NEAR THE BALI AIRPORT, YOU CAN CHECK THE FLIGHT BY CITILINK. YOU CAN JUST FLY FOR 45 MINUTES INSTEAD OF DRIVING MORE THAN 4 HOURS TO REACH BANYUWANGI TOWN
How To Go To Mount Bromo From Bali
And here is the exact point of Mount Bromo in the Google Maps:
From Ketapang Harbor Ferry Harbor, we recommend you to go to Cemoro lawang village, it will take about 5-6 hours driving. This village is the main destination village for all the visitors before entering the Mount Bromo National Park, there are more than a 50 hotels and hostel that you can book based on your budget. But you must make sure, you book the room there as early as you can, because the room supplies are limited there.
To entering Mount Bromo National Park area, you need to pay the entrance fee of Mount Bromo, the price is quite pricey but it’s the regulation from the Government. Here is below the info about the entrance fee;
- Entrance tickets in Mt Bromo (IDR 230.000 on Monday – Friday and IDR 330.000 Saturday – Sunday)
HOW TO EXPLORE MOUNT BROMO?
There are 3 ways to explore Mount Bromo:
- Book a local jeep from Cemoro Lawang Village to Kingkong Hill for Sunrise Trip. Kingkong Hill is one of the best viewpoints here to see sunrise.
- Rest a Motorbike from the local providers, it’s quite dangerous because the road to reach Sunrise Point are sandy and steep. So we recommend only professional driver can take this option.
- By foot, this is only for the one who love trekking, because it will take more than 2 hours to reach sunrise point, and we recommend to take Seruni Point instead of Kingkong Hill.
We highly recommend you to stay 2 nights in Mount Bromo, so you can see the beauty of Mount Bromo and also the local people here, Because the local people in Mount Bromo area is one of the oldest hindu people in Indonesia before Bali. We call them Tenggerese People.
And after the trip, we recommend you to take a flight from Surabaya to Bali, it’s less tiring than you have to come back to the same route from Bali. But it depends on your budget too.
If you need any information about the trip to Mount Bromo from Bali, you can contact us by following our site below: http://javaadventuretrail.com/mount-bromo-sunrise-tour-from-bali-3d2n/