What Makes This Ijen Crater Sunrise Tour Interesting?
The tour is designed to provide a tour of Ijen Crater without visiting the phenomenon of the blue fire glow because our government has closed completely this spot to the blue fire glow this year, so all visitors are not allowed to visit or even go down to the bottom of Ijen Crater. From now on, all the visitors are only allowed to stay at the top of the crater during the trip here and the trip will begin from the starting point at 3 am. The trip will be focused on catching the sunrise at the top of Ijen Crater, the trekking will take about 1h30m till 2h and the sun rises at 5:30 am, so you will have enough time to seek the best spot for watching the sunrise and the view there.
- 1:30 AM: Pick up at your accommodation and start driving to Paltuding (the Start Point of the Trekking), the length of the journey from your accommodation to Paltuding is about 1H25M
- 2:55 AM: Prepare the equipment and check the condition on every detail
- 3:00 AM: The gate will be opened to start the trekking, the trekking will take about 1 – 2 hours, depending on your fitness. Upon your arrival at the top of the crater, we will invite you to walk to Panorama point which has a beautiful view from here to the Crater. When we can arrive on time, we can see the sunrise too from Bali Strait, it will be stunning if the weather is good and the smoke doesn’t cover the crater lake of Mount Ijen
- 5:30 AM: Sunrise Time and enjoy the landscape surrounding
- 7:00 AM: Go trekking down to the parking place where we started
- 8:30 AM: Driving back to your accommodation
- Tour’s Finished
THE PRICE DETAILS:
IDR 1,300,000 for 1 person (good price for solo traveler)
IDR 800,000 /person (for 2 participants)
IDR 700,000 /person (for 3 participants)
IDR 600,000 /person (for 4 participants)
IDR 550,000 /person (for 5 participants)
IDR 500,000 /person (for 6-15 participants)
Important note: there will be an additional cost for a weekend or public holiday departure.
It’s only 50.000 IDR per person
PRICE IS IN IDR & INCLUDES:
- Pick up service from and transfer out to your hotel in the Banyuwangi area
- Mineral water and English-speaking guide
- Gas mask (when it’s needed)
- Entrance tickets in Ijen Crater
- Travel insurance,
- Tip for driver/guide (recommended)
- Other personal costs
THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP;
The temperature: the temperature in Ijen Crater is about 5-15 degrees Celsius, the windier the colder!
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- a raincoat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- personal ID card (or copy)
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is your own responsibility.
- Any alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited during the whole trip.