Madakaripura Waterfall Travel Guide
Madakaripura Waterfall is a beautiful waterfall located in East Java, Indonesia and it’s very highly recommended if you are planning to visit Mount Bromo, you can combine it on your way to Bromo but make sure you will be visiting before 3 pm. Madakaripura waterfall is very different compared to other famous waterfalls in East Java such as Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, so it’s worth it to put it on your travel list here in Java Island.
To reach Madakaripura Waterfall, you can follow these general directions:
1. Travel to Probolinggo: The nearest major town to Madakaripura Waterfall is Probolinggo. You can reach Probolinggo by various modes of transportation such as train, bus, or car. It depends from where you are heading.
2. From Probolinggo to Madakaripura:
- By Car: You can hire a taxi or rent a car to take you to Madakaripura Waterfall. It’s about a 1-2 hour drive depending on the traffic and road conditions.
- By Motorcycle: Renting a motorcycle or hiring a motorcycle taxi (ojek) is also a popular option for getting to the waterfall from Probolinggo.
3. Parking Area: Once you arrive at Madakaripura, there’s a parking area where you can leave your vehicle. From here, you’ll need to short Motorbike taxi for 10 minutes then hike a short distance to the waterfall.
4. Guides: It’s recommended to hire a local guide to take you to the waterfall and it’s must from the local regulation. The path can be a bit tricky, and a guide will ensure you reach the waterfall safely. They might also share interesting information about the area.
And here below is the basic information about the Madakaripura itself:
- Hiking to the Waterfall: The hike to Madakaripura Waterfall is relatively easy, but it does involve some river crossings and rocky terrain. You might need to wade through shallow streams, so wearing appropriate footwear is essential. The hike takes around 15-30 minutes, depending on your pace and the trail conditions.
- Exploring the Waterfall: Once you reach the waterfall, you’ll be greeted by the stunning sight of the waterfall cascading down a narrow gorge. The waterfall is surrounded by lush greenery, creating a picturesque and serene atmosphere. But if you want to swim here, make sure that you are a good swimmer, because some people died already here because they can not swim well.
- Safety Precautions: While Madakaripura is a beautiful destination, it’s important to prioritize safety. Be cautious when walking on wet rocks and crossing streams. If you’re not an experienced hiker, hiring a guide is highly recommended.
- Weather Considerations: The best time to visit Madakaripura Waterfall is during the dry season, which typically runs from May to September. During the rainy season, the trail can become slippery and more challenging to navigate. If rainy season, we dont recommend visiting this waterfall.
What to wear to visit this waterfall? Here are some infos for you:
- Wear Appropriate Clothing: Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear that can handle slippery and uneven terrain. It’s also a good idea to wear a swimsuit or quick-drying clothes if you plan to get wet.
- Rain Gear: As the waterfall area can be quite wet, it’s a good idea to bring rain gear such as a waterproof jacket or poncho. An umbrella might not be very practical due to the terrain.
- Waterproof Bag: To protect your belongings, bring a waterproof bag or a plastic bag to store your electronics and valuables.
Remember that travel information here can change time, so it’s a good idea to check for any updated directions, entry fees, or guidelines from local sources travel forums or local travel agencies before you go. For a better trip in Madakaripura Waterfall or East Java in general, feel free to contact us to get the best service from us. Hope to see you here.